1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Slingbox - Sputtering in Bionic

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DanDroide, Sep 12, 2011.

1. DanDroide

DanDroide Android Enthusiast

I have a Slingbox Classic that worked fine in OG Droid 3g & wifi.

I have NOT got it to work right (without sputtering) on Droid Bionic via 4g.

Works on Bionic via wifi perfect.

Any advice? Thanks!

Advertisement

2. DanDroide

Anybody?

3. droidosis

droidosis Well-Known Member

Just running it now over 4g to test again (10 minutes so far), seems smooth.

I have 2 HD slingboxs. One is just hooked to an SD box though. Watching the HD one now. Once on each of the slingboxs (after a few seconds of starting the stream) I saw the spinning saw icon (buffering) but no type of sputtering after that initial buffer.. have full 4G bars at work though. I used it briefly at home with 1-2 bars couple days ago, and it worked the same. Have you tried updating the firmware? I think you have to login through the web interface, or the oldschool desktop software to see if there is an update for the slingbox firmware.

-droidosis-

DanDroide likes this.
  4. DanDroide

I have great 4g coverage and everything else streams great, be it Netflix or HBO GO.

And no, I haven't ever updated the firmware on my "Classic" (old, original) Slingbox.

I will post the results once I get a chance to update it.

Thanks for the suggestion!

5. droidosis

no problem, when the android app first appeared, there was a couple of firmware updates put out after to address streaming issues ... it's most likely the problem :)

-droidosis-

DanDroide likes this.
  6. droidosis

DanDroide likes this.