1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Slingbox - Sputtering in Bionic

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DanDroide, Sep 12, 2011.

1. DanDroide

DanDroide Android Enthusiast

I have a Slingbox Classic that worked fine in OG Droid 3g & wifi.

I have NOT got it to work right (without sputtering) on Droid Bionic via 4g.

Works on Bionic via wifi perfect.

Any advice? Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DanDroide

Anybody?

3. droidosis

droidosis Well-Known Member

Just running it now over 4g to test again (10 minutes so far), seems smooth.

I have 2 HD slingboxs. One is just hooked to an SD box though. Watching the HD one now. Once on each of the slingboxs (after a few seconds of starting the stream) I saw the spinning saw icon (buffering) but no type of sputtering after that initial buffer.. have full 4G bars at work though. I used it briefly at home with 1-2 bars couple days ago, and it worked the same. Have you tried updating the firmware? I think you have to login through the web interface, or the oldschool desktop software to see if there is an update for the slingbox firmware.

-droidosis-

DanDroide likes this.
  4. DanDroide

I have great 4g coverage and everything else streams great, be it Netflix or HBO GO.

And no, I haven't ever updated the firmware on my "Classic" (old, original) Slingbox.

I will post the results once I get a chance to update it.

Thanks for the suggestion!

5. droidosis

no problem, when the android app first appeared, there was a couple of firmware updates put out after to address streaming issues ... it's most likely the problem :)

-droidosis-

DanDroide likes this.
  6. droidosis

DanDroide likes this.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews