• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Slingplayer App disappeared from my phone

jmace57

Lurker
Jul 19, 2010
I resurrected my old Slingbox last night becuase I decided I wanted to try it with my Android phone. I got the Slingbox working again, and went to the marketplace to download Slingplayer for Android. I did so, and paid the $29.99 for the app.

When it completed, I ran the app. It gave me the selection screen where you select the slingbox you want to use...I did so. All of the sudden, a screen popped up asking for the reason I wanted to delete the application from my Android device. It had 4 or 5 reasons listed....but no option NOT to remove it. I hit the "back" button.

Well, the app is gone. If I go back to the marketplace, I see Slingplayer with the option to "buy" but not that it is installed. If I look at my bank account, it shows the $29.99 charged. Now I can't figure out what to do. Is there some sort of customer service for Android (google)? I sure haven't seen it.

If I got screwed out of a $2 application, I wouldn't worry about it, but this was $30. Does anyone have any suggestions? THanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones