• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Slingplayer now out!

n0v

Jan 6, 2010
Slingplayer is out $29.99

Not cheap but it is damn good :)

Anyone else got it? http://www.slingbox.com/go/android

n0v

The wait is over. We are excited to announce that SlingPlayer Mobile for Android is available for download. Visit the Android Market from your phone and search for "SlingPlayer Mobile" to get it now.

When connected to a Slingbox SOLO, PRO or PRO-HD, the award-winning SlingPlayer Mobile software makes it easy to watch your home TV on your Android mobile phone. Change channels, control your DVR and watch your favorite shows, all on your mobile phone.

This is the fastest mobile player we have ever developed and we're offering it for just $29.99. It sports a super slick interface, great video quality and a new recent channels feature that puts your recent channels at your fingertips.

Of course, you'll need a Slingbox to enjoy SlingPlayer Mobile for Android. To learn more about Slingbox, the latest hardware requirements or how to upgrade from your current Slingbox to the latest and greatest, click here.

We think this app is a great reason to own a Slingbox – a seamless, high-quality experience that shows off the magic of Sling technology and Android.

Proudly,

The SlingPlayer Mobile Team

I can't get it to work with my Slingbox Pro. When I do setup for remote viewing on the computer it says it has a problem.

I went into my router settings and added "slingbox" to the device which basically means it forwards port 5001. But even when I do that, when I connect from my phone it works for about 5 seconds and then stalls the picture.

Upvote 0
I can't get it to work with my Slingbox Pro. When I do setup for remote viewing on the computer it says it has a problem.

I went into my router settings and added "slingbox" to the device which basically means it forwards port 5001. But even when I do that, when I connect from my phone it works for about 5 seconds and then stalls the picture.

I've been having that problem off and on for 2 days. (or since it was out) This morning I watched an hour of Saved by the bell. Now I am trying to watch Xmen and getting the freeze or losing connection. I have a feeling that sling is running this through a server or proxy and when it's crowded, it sucks. Morning = great, afternoon= bad.

Reactions: 1054
Upvote 0
I purchased the Slingplayer App to my Motorola Droid running JRummy’s Remix v0.7 Cyanmod 5.0.6.2 Build ESE81 Firmware Version 2.1-update 1 (rooted). After the install was complete I clicked on the slingplayer icon in my app drawer and the screen goes black for a quick second, then returns to the home page. Can anyone help me??? (BTW Installed the app on my wifes Droid ‘Bone stock 2.1-update 1, and it works GREAT!) If anyone can help me out or give me some ideas I’d appreciate it. I know there are people running Slingplayer on Rooted droids, and I would have to have to unroot my phone, but I gotta have Slingplayer so I can watch my proHD.
I uninstalled Slingplayer app. Rebooted phone, and reinstalled the app. I still can't get it to work at all (icon clicked, phone flashes for a second and then goes back to home screen). I initiated a text chat with Sling Media and was informed that they aren’t supporting rooted phone.

Upvote 0
I did some research, and started diggin ito the phone. I found a fix for anyone who may run into this. It's totally dependant on the ROM and Kernal you are running. Certain combinations kill this (and perhaps other) apps. So of course I took my spare phone, and started trying all different combo and I have several listed that will not allow such programs to run.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones