• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Slo-Moving???

Compared to my old Kyocera Brigadier this new phone is really pretty slo responding to opening some apps; especially my nav apps; Sygic & Co-Pilot. Also lots of fumbing around to get it to load the maps-slowly.

Otherwise I like the phone. Anyone else have this experience?

Edited 05 DEC 17: My "slow moving" was a fake Samsung 128gb EVO+ card I bought on E-Bay. Called Samsung when I finally figured out what the problem was (not the phone). They said my card was a fake. Be careful on E-Bay for easily faked electronics.

Last edited:
I guess I don't have a point of reference when it comes to Kyocera. I've owned a few low power devices like the Hydro Wave. But mostly I'm coming from Samsung, Galaxy S7 and Note 5, and I find my Duraforce Pro to be quite snappy. I haven't noticed any lag or delay in loading apps, including maps. Everything flows quite quickly and smoothly. I really enjoy this phone. If I had a complaint, it would be that it's too heavy.

Just one more data point.

Upvote 0
Depends on which DuraForce Pro you own. Initially I had the AT&T variant. I'm on T-Mobile, and at the time TMO didn't sell these.
My ATT DuraForce was a pain. My biggest complaints were the overly sensitive touch screen and 2GB RAM, which the system used almost 100% of constantly.
As soon as T-Mobile started selling them I bought another one. Has 3GB of RAM, enough to handle the system demand and have a little extra. TMO variant also comes with option to turn the screen sensitivity down. My only complaint left is Kyocera's volume limiting. I'm hard of hearing so I can't listen to music as loud as I'd like to, but other than that the phone is awesome.
And we have the added bonus of 3.5 audio jack and SD card slot, something you don't really see in too many phones now!

Upvote 0
I owen
Compared to my old Kyocera Brigadier this new phone is really pretty slo responding to opening some apps; especially my nav apps; Sygic & Co-Pilot. Also lots of thumbing around to get it to load the maps-slowly.

Otherwise, I like the phone. Anyone else have this experience?

Now that I've had some time to fumble around with it, I have solved the problems. MySygic and Co-Pilot nav apps could not be loaded on the external memory; they only work on the internal. It's a bit of a pain because nav maps take up a lot of room. But, I can live with it. Now with these nav apps on internal memory, they run at a nice speed-no more hold ups.

The speaker phone is absolutely STENTORIAN! The in-phone speaker could use a bit more volume. As I work out the idiosyncrasies of this phone I am enjoying it a lot more.

Oh, I have the Verizon model.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones