1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

(Sloved) Yahoo mail app memory usage

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jmcook79, Dec 9, 2013.

1. jmcook79

jmcook79 Android Enthusiast

I just downloaded Yahoo Mail because I never use Gmail and I couldn't access my contacts in the android email app. I noticed it has 2 processes, the app uses 9-11mb and the push services uses 20-40mb. I want to compare the regular built in email app to see how much memory it uses, but it doesn't show up i running apps.

If the standard email app uses less memory I'll probably go back to it, Is there a way to import my yahoo contacts into it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

jmcook79 likes this.
  3. jmcook79

This is how I had it set up before I downloaded the Yahoo mail app but I just didn't have any of my Yahoo contacts. It would only let me choose contacts from my phone in the To: field.

However, I just discovered that the Yahoo app must have automatically synced all of my contacts to my phone! They are all in my address book now so I can delete the Yahoo mail app and use the built in email app and access all my contacts.:D

4. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Good, good! I am assuming your issue has been solved then, glad we could help and if you have any more issues feel free to come back to AF :)

jmcook79 likes this.
  5. jmcook79

Thanks this forum has been very helpful :)