1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support slow 3g

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DjDav3y, Aug 1, 2013.

1. DjDav3y

DjDav3y Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2013
    I'm running a boost mobile flashed sprint branded s2 and my 3g sucks. I ran speed test . net many times.
    Ping: 800 average
    Dl: 0.13mbps or 130kbps
    Ul:0.15mbps or 150kbps
    Can you guys help me speed it up? I've tried to set my proxy and port settings to 0 and it didn't work. I've tried many apps and I've tried custom scripts. Please help.

Advertisement

2. sno

sno Member
    None

May 8, 2011
    Male
    Full time electrical engineering student
    New Orleans, LA
    Those speeds are normally what I average on my S2. For Sprint's prepaid carriers, we get the leftovers from what the postpaid customers don't use.

I don't believe there are any practical ways to increase your data speeds.

3. DjDav3y

DjDav3y Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2013
    My dl speeds have since gone down to 0.01mbps. And its ridiculous. What happened? Id rather have the 0.13

4. sno

sno Member
    None

May 8, 2011
    Male
    Full time electrical engineering student
    New Orleans, LA
    Probably when you did your speed test, it was at peak hours... the time when most people are using the network. The only time I've noticed somewhat better speeds are in the early morning between 2 and 5.

Even with full bars, the speeds are horrendous. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to remedy this, besides switching to another carrier.

You have to remember, Virgin Mobile was originally set up to please youth that spent most of their time texting. The new influx of data heavy smartphones are putting a major strain on the aging infrastructure.

5. DjDav3y

DjDav3y Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2013
    I appreciate the responses. Im thinking of using a different carrier, but big name carriers are ridiculously expensive for unlimited. Does anyone know which phones with straight talk would run on verizon towers? I was in the store looking the the other day and they're all cdma but some are cdma-v, whats the difference?