• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Slow and laggy menus...

A

akkkmed

Hey everyone. I've had my Droid X since it came out, like most of you. I know that the slide to unlock is laggy for almost everyone. But my X is slow everywhere else, too. When I push for the main menu, it takes a bit of time. Mind you, I'm using the default home launcher. Is this why it's slow? If so, which launcher should I use? I'm also not rooted, since that makes a difference as well.

Besides the home screen, opening apps is slow (and painful). I'm not here to complain, but rather look for advice on what's going on. For the past 2 weeks, I've been using my BB Curve 8330 because I can't stand the slowness of the X. Once again, not here to bash the phone in any way!

Thanks!

Try this setting, it may help:

Settings > Sound & Display > Animation > No Animations

Also, make sure you don't have a ton of apps updating themselves or using data all at once without you knowing. That would slow things down.

I also use Launcher Pro Plus. I set the scroll and opening preferences to the fastest settings within Launcher Pro. It seems to be faster than the stock launcher.

Upvote 0
Try this setting, it may help:

Settings > Sound & Display > Animation > No Animations

Also, make sure you don't have a ton of apps updating themselves or using data all at once without you knowing. That would slow things down.

I also use Launcher Pro Plus. I set the scroll and opening preferences to the fastest settings within Launcher Pro. It seems to be faster than the stock launcher.

Thanks!! I'll try that right now.
The weird thing is, compared to almost anyone, I don't have that many apps downloaded. Only a few, like Handcent, K9 Mail, ATK, and DoubleTwist.

Upvote 0
ATK could be the issue. There are lots of threads on here about task killers causing problems with the phone. I would uninstall the task killer and reboot. Then see if it still happens.

Yeah, thanks. I tried not using it on my Droid and the X when I got it, but the phone gets bogged down. I know there's facts to support the other side, but I feel the need to use it.

Upvote 0
I turned off all animations and installed LauncherPro Plus.
Two problems: Beautiful Widgets won't open now. And when I try to use the "contact quick task" widegets (like calling someone from their icon on the home screen), it says you have to make the widget bigger to add a task. But the widget is already too big. And it won't let me resize the widget.

Help?

Upvote 0
I turned off all animations and installed LauncherPro Plus.
Two problems: Beautiful Widgets won't open now. And when I try to use the "contact quick task" widegets (like calling someone from their icon on the home screen), it says you have to make the widget bigger to add a task. But the widget is already too big. And it won't let me resize the widget.

Help?

Unfortunately you cannot resize widgets with Launcher Pro.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone...I was suffering from the laggy phone. Especially when I click on anything messaging, but it was with more than just that. I think I may have figured it out though. I did the factory reset and this time I did not add Facebook to my accounts because last time it added them to my contacts. Beside, I use the m.facebook.com anyway. anyway I finished setting everything else up after the reset and everything is running really smooth and opening up nice and quick. Hope this helps!!

Upvote 0
Hey everyone...I was suffering from the laggy phone. Especially when I click on anything messaging, but it was with more than just that. I think I may have figured it out though. I did the factory reset and this time I did not add Facebook to my accounts because last time it added them to my contacts. Beside, I use the m.facebook.com anyway. anyway I finished setting everything else up after the reset and everything is running really smooth and opening up nice and quick. Hope this helps!!

Forgive me for sounding stupid, but how do you do a factory reset? Will it erase all your contacts / pics / apps?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones