1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Slow and painful two weeks

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Whiteboyx69, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Whiteboyx69

Whiteboyx69 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Fort Worth, TX
    So I'm taking back my evo today (my first android phone) i'm going miss it it was amazing.... but the service didn't cut it and thats what matters. Now for 2 painful, agonizing slow weeks i have to use my old T mobile behold 1 while waiting for the X. Who else has to deal with the pain of a dumb phone till the X comes out?

Advertisement

2. swagner53

swagner53 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    I am stuck as well. In the middle of changing jobs- old job provided a Hero. The new job provides a stipend for my phone. Most of my family is on Verizon and coverage is best here. So-- I wait and use an old Dare that was laying around while my wife rocks her Droid!

3. benjiedude

benjiedude Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    What specifically did you not like about Sprint service with the EVO?

4. Whiteboyx69

Whiteboyx69 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Fort Worth, TX
    The signal i get in my house....

5. Paznos

Paznos Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    LG EnV here.... had it for almost 4 years..... Droid X can't come soon enough.

6. jdaud

jdaud Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Ohio
    Been suffering with RIM for five years now. I am ready to cut the cord and grow (wish RIM could). Have a Storm 2 now, but feeling totally limited in the experience. Any company that thinks the Storm 1 is a sellable phone has lost my business. No love lost here. Looking forward to the ne'X't generation!

7. Sek0n

Sek0n Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Tennessee
    Returned my DInc today because of call quality issues. So now I'm stuck with no phone till the DX releases. No phone, or dumb-phone; feels about the same to me. :(

8. damstr

damstr Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Eh well I'm still using my Droid which is running Froyo getting 20+ in linpack. :)

9. ckochinsky125

Dec 5, 2009
    Im still using my incredible until i can get an x and then gonna sell the incredible

10. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

May 15, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    I'm in the same boat here. Returned my Dinc the other day and am waiting out the X back on my WinMo Touch Pro. No fun after having Android for a month.

11. MaxxVE

MaxxVE Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Michigan
    Sold my incredible on ebay for a stupid high price before the X was officially announced. Now I'm using my blackbery curve... it's SO slow and the screen is tiny. Only two more weeks thank goodness.

12. FoxtrotUniform

FoxtrotUniform Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    U.S. Military
    Washington State
    Getting the X as my first smartphone. Been using a Samsung Juke for the last 3+ years. Awesome specs include 1.45" screen, 0.3 MP camera and blazing 1xRTT data speeds :D

13. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    CA
    I'm stuck using a crappy Samsung Glyde. This phone is about 2.5 years old. It was one of Samsung's first touch screen phones. All I can say is thank god it has a slide out keyboard because the touch screen is crap. And it cant hold a charge past noon. I've kept it this long only because I was waiting and waiting for something like the X to come along, and now that it has, I cant wait! It will be my first smart phone, too! I'm glad I didn't fall for the Incredible. Came really close to buying one, but I was very careful not to rush into it after I heard rumors of the X. good riddance, Glyde!

14. tcallahan

tcallahan Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2010
    Im coming from a blackberry storm 9530(first gen) thing was good when it first came out but man am I glad to be dumping it. I think the blackberry app world has a little over 50 apps and if i put more than 3 on my phone its so slow it wont even work! I just want my x right now!

15. gsxr600

gsxr600 Active Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Student/Customer Associate
    North Florida
    I'm stuck on a horribly buggy/slow Curve til tomorrow. Then I'm using a Droid to take the place of the breaking Curve until X comes up, then return and rejoice.