1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

slow and steady wins the race??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ebattilana100, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Ebattilana100

Ebattilana100 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Why do I feel like my nexus is slowing down, performance wise.. lately I've been noticing blank home screens ( when all you see is your wallpaper) And repeated force closing of emails... is this also happening to others.. my phone is a couple of months old, purchased in January ..

Advertisement

2. no not really any force closing. i have however noticed some times that the phone freezes and i have to restart it to get her going again.

3. cigar3tte

cigar3tte Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Maybe some caches are building up, or more apps running in background.

4. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I had a problem with Nexusboot live wallpaper recently so changed to another one and all OK. Maybe you have a rogue app?

I also don't use a task killer as this can prematurely end running tasks and my N1 generally runs perfectly.

5. bitxboi

bitxboi Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2009
    app cluster disaster??
    I don't have any of these problems, and my phone is 7 months old (since january). I'd try to discover if the problem is caused by a faulty app or just an excess of them running in the background

6. clutchy

clutchy Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2010
    i'm not sure if my phone is slowing down or not or if i'm just getting used to the speed... I noticed a big jump in performance w/ 2.2 which i think is now starting to slow down a little... but i'm not sure.

this phone may require a wipe every now and then to keep it speedy and fresh.

my battery life decreased a bit w/ 2.2 and now it's holding steady with moderate use. I'm considering rooting so i can underclock to get some more batt life.

7. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    I've got a few FCs here and there, buuut then I'm running an RC ROM. No drop in speed though, not really, though admittedly I do wipe cache and dalvik-cache when I update the ROM.

Tags: