1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Slow at deleting texts?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xEagle on 3, Jan 11, 2011.

1. xEagle on 3

xEagle on 3 Newbie
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    does anyone have any advice or fixes for deleting text messages? it hours to delete text threads on my phone. does this happen to anyone else? does anyone know how to fix this problem?

i'm using Handsent and also the normal text application, both are incredibly slow.

Advertisement

2. Sevreth

Sevreth Well-Known Member
    None

I too seem to notice how long it takes to delete threads. I use SMS backup to save them to my gmail account.

It took like 30 minutes plus a phone reboot just to delete 1 thread of 2200 messages. My phone gets slower the more texts there are, but I didnt think that the text messages would bog it down this much.

-Sev

3. xEagle on 3

xEagle on 3 Newbie
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    its awful!!

4. Carm01

Carm01 Lurker
    None

Jan 26, 2011
    In scouring the forums here it seems that this problem is only plagued by HTC phones. I did a simple search for " slow deleting text " and the only users seem to be HTC users.

The droid Incredible, it has 8GB of internal storage, and a 1 GHZ processor.

1) my dumb phone could delete 220 text messages in less than 10 seconds.
    2) It takes my HTC Incredible 10 seconds to delete 15 messages, that is .7 seconds per text message.

I find in unreasonable for such a fast processor to have such issues with such small amounts of data, resulting in force quits, and not being able to use the device.

I believe that having to do a hard reset on your phone constantly is also unreasonable.

My colleague who has a Droid2 does not suffer from this issue what so ever, and in hearing that and the simple fact that a search on this forum seems to show its HTC users only.

I do not think that it is unreasonable to have thousands of text messages on phones like this. It is 2011 not 1999. As pointed out in another post the iphone could delete thousands in just a few seconds.

Welcome to HTC sense UI - I believe the problem lies with this in my opinion.