• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Slow browser and broken media player in 2.2

Ever since 2.2, my browser (I use Dolphin HD) moves very slow. Slow load times, and after hitting the Menu button it takes a few seconds for the menu to pop up. Am I the only experiencing this?

Also after the update, the stock media player (I use the HTC one) has developed a few problems. The biggest problem is that it no longer remembers where I pause my music. This problem only develops after being paused for a few minutes. After that, when I press play it restarts the song it was paused on. The other problem, which I've seen reported a few times, is that the player can lag easily and skips sometimes. I've noticed that when I play music and try to look through my music at the same time, that will also lag the music. Is there either a fix, or another music player that will remember where in the song it was paused and not be so laggy? I also need it to be able to Scrobble with my Last.fm account.

The laggy browser, the laggy music player and a general lagginess seems to me like the phone is being over-taxed while doing nothing so when it's told to do anything else it lags. This was never a problem in 2.1. Also, after the 2.2 update I did a factory reset to make sure there was no lingering problems, and I have experienced all of these issues while using and while not using a task killer.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones