• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root slow browser..flash rom/kernel?

cad2blender

Aug 30, 2012
I have my one v rooted and it has the stock rom. The stock brower has always been laggy and just slow in general, I've tried dolphin, chrome, opera and quick ics browser and still slow. If I were to flash a another kernel and or rom would it speed up a bit? I was thinking of flashing jmz to maybe speed things up? Or just flash the Jellybean AOKP rom? Have you guys had experience with this?

I have a 10Mbps connection, and it is the rom in my case. Ever since day one, it has been slow and laggy. I cleared cache, history, data...everything and still slow and laggy. I flashed AOKP 4.1.1 and holy crap what a difference, gone is the 2 second lagging time between my finger and scrolling. For some reason even typing on it would take so long that after I wrote the url it would take about a few seconds to complete typing it on the screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones