• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Slow Camera Processing

AeolianReflex

Android Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2010
Southern California
While taking photos today along side of other S4 users I noticed they could take one photo after another while mine would show a "processing" pop up after each picture. They could snap 3 pics in the time I can take one!

I'm on VZ and the other two are on Sprint and ATT. I have the 4.3 update as does the Sprint phone and the ATT is still on 4.22 so I don't think it is android version related. I tried switching to using internal storage, different quality settings, etc and nothing seemed to make a difference. All of the phones are stock running touchwiz.
Any one know what would cause this or what settings can be changed to speed up the processing?

Edit: Turned out to be the auto night detection setting was causing the slowdown. Maybe this post will help someone else in the future.:D

While taking photos today along side of other S4 users I noticed they could take one photo after another while mine would show a "processing" pop up after each picture. They could snap 3 pics in the time I can take one!

I'm on VZ and the other two are on Sprint and ATT. I have the 4.3 update as does the Sprint phone and the ATT is still on 4.22 so I don't think it is android version related. I tried switching to using internal storage, different quality settings, etc and nothing seemed to make a difference. All of the phones are stock running touchwiz.
Any one know what would cause this or what settings can be changed to speed up the processing?

when you are in NIGHT MODE. . .that "processing" appears upon taking a shot. . .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones