1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Slow Captivate needs a boost!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AlexandaHalf, Apr 19, 2011.

1. AlexandaHalf

AlexandaHalf Lurker
    None

Dec 25, 2010
    Hey there, I'm rockin' the Samsung Captivate and I've had it since Christmas now, and it seems to be slowing down a little bit. I AM addicted to downloading new apps and customizing my homescreens every 10 minutes, but I frequently clean out the apps that I don't often use. I have gone through and deleted a lot of useless files as well, but there are a few that I am completely unfamiliar with, and I'm paranoid to delete them because I'm afraid that it may be something important. I'm currently using LauncherPro as my default home. Does anybody have any suggestions that may speed up my device?

Advertisement

2. btswein

btswein Guest
    None
    I'd say turn the phone off, then hold down both volume buttons and power all at the same time. Then scroll down to "delete cache data." That will clear some of the phones catches, maybe clear the browser caches manually too. A factory reset (deletes everything) can't hurt either.

3. Sarius24

Sarius24 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    Dishwasher
    If you want try using a rom, it'll speed up the phone.

4. sremick

sremick Android Expert

Jun 18, 2010
    IT Admin
    USA
    It's not how many apps you have installed as much as it's how many are set to auto-run or install services. That will bog your phone down.

Menu -> Settings -> Applications
    Check both "Running services" as well as "Manage Applications -> Running".

ay42 likes this.
  5. gcobb

gcobb Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Southaven, MS
    You can download crappy apps that run when you don't want them to and ones that use a lot of memory. Knowing what your apps are doing can help you understand how to keep the speed up on your phone. I download only a few utilities but Task Manager is one that helps with things like that.