1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Slow charge, only 14 hours of standby time

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Moozhe, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Moozhe

Moozhe Lurker
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    Just got my Galaxy S2 a few days ago with GINGERBREAD-UGKG2 firmware.

I've let it give me a low battery warning a couple of times, then charged it to full afterward. Last night I charged it to 100% and left it idle for 14 hours with only a few widgets running (Fancy Widget, Blizzard Authenticator, and Facebook). In that time my battery got so low that my phone turned off.

According to the Battery Usage app, it says Android OS used 95% of my battery in that time. The other 5% is Maps (probably Latitude syncing or something) and Cell standby.

Right now it basically seems like I need to charge it twice per day even without heavy use.

Is this normal? How much standby time are others getting?

Advertisement

2. colonels

colonels Member
    None

Jun 5, 2011
    Some Widgets get bugged and constantly run CPU. Thus would explain the slow charging and the high drain. You need an application like android assistant to isolate the bug process. Android assistant is free. See my thread about slow charging hot phone bug

3. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

yeah, i get about 14-16 hours of average usage, not idle. ur android OS usage was so high coz that was pretty much the only thing running (the widgets dont show as their own usage percentage, right?) so yeah its probably one of those widgets causing a problem. facebook is known to cause battery drain, so it could be the one, although i dont know if its that bad. as mentioned above, try isolating the problem, its gotta be one of the widgets

4. colonels

colonels Member
    None

Jun 5, 2011
    like i said, the FREE app Android Assistant will tell you what is running (widget, service, process, etc) and real time RTCPU

the stock battery info does not distinguish between widgets and OS

so if u get the high drain battery bug, quit all applications, clear ram cache, then open up Android Assistant and see what is eating your CPU

5. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

im gonna try android assistant too :D it talks about a task killer feature but it doesnt automatically kill tasks right?