• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Slow charging after factory reset

jrsharp21

Jan 11, 2013
I did a factory reset yesterday on my phone (curently have 4.3 loaded) and now it is taking forever to charge. Before the reset it would charge to full within in an hour. This morning I have had it on the charger for about 2.5 hours and it has only gained 5 percent on the charge. Before the reset I was running Nova luncher. Right now I am just running the stock launcher. I checked the task manager and there isn't anything wierd running that shouldn't be. Anyone have any ideas.

Turn the phone off when charging. It's a charger, not an external power supply. It can't run the phone and charge the battery at the same time.

The battery is 2.1Ah. Even if the charger could supply 2.1A, it would take more than an hour to fully charge. (Nothing is 100% efficient.) (And I doubt that the phone draws more than 0.9A at most.)

I'd bet that the charge indicator wasn't calibrated before the reset, so it indicated a full charge when the battery was only partly charged. Now you're seeing how long it really takes to charge. 6-8 hours isn't unusual.

Upvote 0
How many apps have you put back on so far after the factory reset?

Check your battery usage in the settings menu to see what is sucking your battery life. It may not be a charging issue, but rather an app or apps sucking the life out of it while its trying to charge and they are competing.

Also, do you have an extra cable and charger you can try?

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones