• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Slow charging havoc os

Has anyone noticed slow charging rate on custom roms? I've flashed havoc os 2.0 on my mi max 2 android 9, faced slow charging issue, tried youtube vids and their flashing files.. none did, later dirty flashed havoc 2.4 thinking would resolve issue, but the same happened, found that kernel change would help, I'm on hardrock kernel rn and the charging rate always stays at below 200mAh. Anyone experienced with the solution would b appreciated
. :)

What was the charge rate of the device before?

My first suggestion would be to check the cord.
Even with three identical cords you can get three different charge rates.

Another possibility is that the custom ROM you installed is not as power efficient as the original.

Or maybe you installed an app that runs continuously and uses a lot of juice.

These devices always draw from the battery, even when plugged into a charger.

That means that whatever current is being supplied by the charger is going into the battery at the same time that the system is drawing current out of the battery.

So, the current available from the charger, subtracting the power the device uses, is the amount left over that will go toward charging the battery.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones