• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Slow Charging Use Original Charger...etc.

I've just started getting this message on my Verizon Note 3. I have two OEM wires/wall chargers, plus one for the vehicle. They ALL do it. Then sometimes, it just disconnects itself from charging at all. Makes a little bzzzz and shuts charging down.

I've been reading about using a code (*#9900#) to access a menu which allows one to turn on "low battery dump" to possibly fix this issue, but when I type that in the dial screen as instructed, my phone tries to call it. Verizon politely informs me my call can't be completed as dialed.

I've ordered a new charging port. Since the phone responds the same way on 3 different cords, I assume it's hardware, but wanted to try the dump anyway. Some people have had luck with it apparently. Anyone have any workaround for this?

Stock Android 5.0, N900VVRUEOF1, N900V.07 (unrooted)

Thanks!

Welcome to the "club." I am getting the same issue and have been doing so since early last year. I tried all various forms of troubleshooting that I can think of and yet still not successful. I have also bought numerous charges and found that this one works: OEM Motorola SKN5004A ECOMOTO Micro USB Data Cable - Universal which I found on E-Bay for about $8.00.

When I called Samsung it was going to cost me about $70 to replace the system board; the phone is not worth that much so I declined to spend that much money when there is a likelyhood it will happen again. Let us know how u resolved the issue.

Vernon

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones