1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Slow Charging when connected to laptop USB port : Redmi 4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Me Akhil, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Me Akhil

Me Akhil Lurker

I am having my Xiaomi Redmi 4 phone working fine. Recently I found that while connected to my laptop usb port, It charges very slowly. What might be the problem? Does anyone had the same situation?

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Usb charging when connected to a device will always charge slower than if connected directly to a wall outlet. The amount being transferred is about half

Me Akhil and mikedt like this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

There is no problem. AFAIK PC USB ports can supply upto 500mA, maybe less with a laptop than a desktop. The charger that comes with a Xiaomi Redmi is up to 2A, which will charge the phone much quicker than a computer of course.

Me Akhil, lunatic59 and Dannydet like this.
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

A USB 3.0 port will deliver up to 900mA, which would improve charging times, but it would still be slower than a dedicated charger.

Me Akhil, Dannydet and mikedt like this.
  5. Ajay Mehra

Ajay Mehra Lurker

The reason is obvious as the amount of current flowing through the wall socket is 1000 – 2000 mA whereas through the USB 3.0 it is no more than 600-900 mA. That is why the phone charges slowly. Also if you have USB 2.0 then the charging is even slower.

Me Akhil likes this.
  6. Me Akhil

Me Akhil Lurker

ok thanks for the replies

Xiaomi Redmi 4X Forum

The Xiaomi Redmi 4X release date was February 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3/4GB RAM, Snapdragon 625 processor, and 4100mAh battery.

February 2017
Release Date
Reviews