1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Slow charging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by landale, Jul 16, 2010.

1. landale

landale Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Has anyone noticed that Vibrant seems to take forever to charge? My Blackberry could charge from 70% to full in 30-45 minutes. On the Vibrant it takes at least 2 hours which is crazy. I am using the charger that came with the device but have also tried other microusb charges I have laying around and its slow with all of them.

Advertisement

2. Nickk

Nickk Active Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Big battery, takes longer to charge. I think this kind of Lipo battery takes something like a trickle charge too so as not to overheat it, but I could be mistaken.

3. Fathom

Fathom Member

Jul 14, 2010
    I'm having the same issue, i ran my battery all the way down yesterday and I swear it took like 5hrs to fully charge! Is that normal? I'm coming off of an iPhone which would fully charge in like an hour.

4. aci78

aci78 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Seattle- ish
    I know this is usually the case, but my car charger charges my Vibrant up very quickly. At home via wall charger, not so much.

5. ANDROID_pepsi

ANDROID_pepsi Well-Known Member

May 16, 2010
    10minutes on charger and it goes from 60% to 62%

6. landale

Jun 26, 2010
    What model car charger? Can you see what the output rating is? The wall charger that comes with the phone has an output rating of 0.7A and I have a Blackberry one that charges at 0.8A.

7. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    BSN student
    U.S.
    I have a TMobile car charger and it works lightening fast. Way better than the wall charger that I usually use. BTW after conditioning the battery a few days, it is recommended not to fully discharge the phone. So if you let it get down to about 50% and then plug it in, you won't need to have it on the charger as long. But we'll see. Maybe after conditioning the batteries will work much better. I had a slide for 2 weeks before this and the battery lasted an hour LESS than this one AFTER I had conditioned it for a few days. So I am already getting better battery life on this phone.

8. Robinelli

Jul 1, 2010
    BSN student
    U.S.
    I was just thinking that I wonder if a different type of home charger would be faster/better than the plug in charger that came with the phone. What about those charger treys?

9. landale

Jun 26, 2010
    Can you look and see what the output rating is on your car charger? I wonder if it is much higher then the 0.7A rating on the Samsung charger.

10. jree

jree Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    keepin up with the jones'
    at your house when your not there
    How long did you guys condition this battery? I let it drain down twice before recharging to full. Now I just plug it in when gets below 60%

11. ANDROID_pepsi

ANDROID_pepsi Well-Known Member

May 16, 2010
    phone battery at 95% at 12:30am.. woke up at 7am to find the phone dead.. when plugged into charger and powered on.. reads 18%? took over 8 hours to get a full charge yesterday as well

edit..currently at 28% after an hour charging

12. Robinelli

Jul 1, 2010
    BSN student
    U.S.
    The charger has zero info on it. No numbers or info of any kind. Sorry about that! I don't have the packaging to look at it.

13. Robinelli

Jul 1, 2010
    BSN student
    U.S.
    Last night was the 2nd time. I am doing it one more time tonight for a total of 3 full discharges.

14. RJA

RJA Active Member

Jul 13, 2010
    IT
    Texas
    My phone also takes a long time to charge also if I leave the phone at 25% or less at night and go to sleep when I wake up its dead