1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Slow charging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lirann, Jun 23, 2012.

1. lirann

lirann Member

Jun 8, 2012
    I have the phone since they started selling it and so far everything worked well. Yesterday charging has become very slow. I left my cell phone charged during the night and is loaded only by 40%, and the phone still continues to recharge slowly. I cleaned the USB connection, I tried to restart, I got out and put the battery, and still it continues. Why is this happening and what to do? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Slice28

Slice28 Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Male
    DJ
    I seem to be experiencing the same issue.

3. lirann

lirann Member

Jun 8, 2012
    The phone has been charging for about 20 hours and is recharged only from 5% to 80%
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. timelord65

timelord65 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    In my experience it may be a bad charger. The same thing was happening to my sister's iPhone 4s. Turns out the usb charger became faultuy. Got a new one and the phone charged normally again.

lirann likes this.
  5. Richard371

Richard371 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Also don't use the computer to charge it as it's slower. Samsungs are slow at charging usually about 3 to 4 hours for a full charge. iPhone is 1.5 hours. I love how if I forget to charge the iPhone I can plug it in and get at least 25 percent while I shower and get ready.

6. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Senior Legal Secretary
    Lincoln, England
    I bought the "capdase ultimate charging kit" which includes a charger that only takes about an hour and a half to charge to full :)

Edit: "an hour and a half" is grossly underestimated, it's actually about 3 - 3.5 hours :p

7. lirann

lirann Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Apparently the problem is really the charger itself. I tried another charger and now the charging fine. I'll check again tomorrow.

8. nomunk

nomunk Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    this is a total let down, I have the Galaxy S2 and it only takes just a over 2 hours to charge from full from completely dead.

I may have to skip the G3 if this 3-5 hours is the charging time, the short charging time on the S2 is one of the reasons I love it so much.

9. lirann

lirann Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Previously i have been charged the phone from dead battery to full in only 2 hours. It did not take me three or four hours.

10. lirann

lirann Member

Jun 8, 2012
    i tried to charge the phone again with my charger and its still slow, i tried to charge from PC and still slow. i tried another charger (from the S2) and its works fine. so the problem is the USB cable. i will try to replace it. thanks.