• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

rod9669

Android Enthusiast
May 25, 2010
Moved to the Sl Edge after years of HTC - sorry, but I'm not impressed

Toughwiz isn't a patch on Sense. I've installed the Google Now launcher which has sped things up a bit, but I still want a decent dialer. The TW one delays for about 5 seconds after you finish a call etc showing you stupid things - get off, I've finished the call and want to make another one!

Anyway, anyone got any advice on a decent dialer app?

The purpose of that screen is that if your call got disconnected, you can tap the phone button immediately to redial, or if you get tired of waiting, you can press the message button to open up new message field to be sent to the person you called without having to go back to homescreen, press messages, and new message. The part where it stays on that screen for 3 seconds more is a feature (one that you can't turn off however). I use it all the time since I am in a job where I need to inform people of things that happen as soon as they happen, but they're not always able to answer their phones.

But it won't really matter if you lock the phone immediately after a call, or press the home button immediately if you want to do something else.

Reactions: rod9669
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones