• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Slow download speeds (but fast upload speeds) with 43.01P baseband?

dt_

Mar 24, 2010
Hi all,

I've noticed that lately, my download speeds on my rooted Droid (running BB 0.5 most recently, though this "problem" occurred with BB 0.4 and LFY 1.6 as well) have not been stellar, though my upload speeds seem fine:

7L01c.png

Could this be caused by the baseband? Im running C_01.43.01P. Prior to that, I was running (I think) 3E, which came with the phone, and worked fine with BB 0.4 but when the updated one came out I updated it since, hey, it's newer right? :p Anyway, (1) is this certainly the problem? and (2) if I choose to, how can I safely roll back to the 3E baseband?

Thanks! :)

dt

noticed the same thing. i "downgraded" to C_01.41.00R through ROM manager and i'm getting much better download speeds

And to answer your question dt_, I am running froyo (well my own froyo based rom), and i had no problem downgrading the baseband i mentioned above. I did it through ROM Manager.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones