1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support slow download speeds - EVO mobile hotspot?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bbauernf, Jun 7, 2010.

1. bbauernf

bbauernf Lurker
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Is anyone experiencing slow connection speeds when using the EVO mobile hotspot.. From the evo phone itself, I am getting 2 - 3 Mb/s download speeds.. When I connect my laptop or ipad, I am getting max 500 kb/s download speeds on them.. the phone continues to get 2 - 3 Mb/s download speeds while hotspot is on.. I have tried different wireless security settings but all seem to exhibit the same behavior..

Any thoughts on how to rectify this? I am assuming the mobile hotspot should be providing download speeds comparable with the native EVO connection..

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Torq

Torq Member
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    I'm seeing the same thing on my Evo 4G.

On a steady 3Mb/s downstream to the phone I am seeing about 1/10th of that via the hotspot function. I've tested it with my iPad, three different iPhones (original, 3G and 3GS), a Toshiba laptop, my MacBook Pro and a slew of Dell laptops at work, and its the same on all of them.

I also have a Sprint OverDrive which is vastly faster than than using the Hotspot function on the Evo 4G.

I had planned to retire the OverDrive and use the Evo 4G instead, but unless a fix/acknowledgment is forthcoming in the next day or so I'll be forced to return the Evo 4G. Without the hotspot being usable I've no need for it at all.

Tags: