• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My phone is a little over a year old. I keep my casch clean & my files are not fulk if crap, I have optimized my phone, & I have anti-virus. My phone is running sooooo slow. It takes 15-30 sec to load my contacts, some apps pull up fairly quick but nothing is running like it should. Typing sometime there is a 5 sec lag time between my keying & it showing up. Is this something that happens to force you to buy a new phone, because you get so frustrated you just do or is this something I may be able to fix? I have an 8g sd card but the only thing thats on it photos cause apparently the galaxy rush doesn't want you to store anything to the sd card but photos & such. Please help. Do I need to do a factory reset or can I boost function another way?

All the things you have mentioned I have tried. I keep an app that specifically goes through & shuts down apps not in use, clears my casches, & boosts funtion, but even after optimizing my phone it is still slow. I mean slow, like 30 sec to pull up basic things. I know it shouldn't be like this. I appreciate all the advise.

Upvote 0
If you're referring to a task killer, those things are junk. They do more harm than good. Some apps are programmed to run in the background constantly. The task killer will kill these apps, but add soon as they are closed, they just re-open and run again. (prime example is maps) this will just end up taking time and battery life (and cpu cycles) as it restarts.

Go to settings> application manager and swipe over to the running tab.

How much ram is free?

I'm thinking you have simply installed more apps that run in the background than you have ram for.

Upvote 0
I have 1.1 gb used & .91gb free. I am not using a task killer, I agree they r junk. I have an anti virus app that optimizes my space, supposedly. When i optimize i get aprox 29% mem back but it doesnt seem to speed anything up. I just reinstalled that last week when i becameover frustrated w the slow functions. It takes several seconds to back out of normal operating stuff like contacts & call logs. I just dont kno what to do to get it back to whr it was. I've trief dumping apps doesnt seem to help.

Upvote 0
All the things you have mentioned I have tried. I keep an app that specifically goes through & shuts down apps not in use, clears my casches, & boosts funtion, but even after optimizing my phone it is still slow. I mean slow, like 30 sec to pull up basic things. I know it shouldn't be like this. I appreciate all the advise.

That's your problem right there. Android does a good job managing ram.....Let your phone do it and it will be faster I promise.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones