1. Android Forums is going down for maintenance at 6:00PM Central time. We apologize for any inconvenience! Shouldn't be down too long.
  2. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Slow getting out of a call. Can I fix this?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by csteele, Sep 17, 2010.

1. csteele

csteele Member

Aug 12, 2010
    I came from iphone and love this phone sooo much more except for one thing that is bugging the crap outta me. With the iphone when I hung up a call it instantly goes back to whatever screen I was on and I can instantly lock the screen. With the captivate it flashes call ended...wait...then call time...wait...then finally out of the call and I can lock the screen.

It seems like a small thing but when I'm on the go I want to hang up, lock, put in pocket, and go. It's only a few seconds but it's annoying.

Is there a way around this? Am I missing some setting or something somewhere?

Advertisement

2. crupp

crupp Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    +1 on this. the delay is like 5 seconds, seems a little long to me

3. bigtoysrock

bigtoysrock Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Welder
    Leander, TX
    I am almost positive that there is NO setting or way to change this, but you can hit your back button and it will take it back a screen. So, if someone called you it would go back to home. Or if you called them it would go to contacts screen.

4. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Male
    IT Manager
    NY
    just hit the back button and it goes back immediately

5. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2010
    DETROIT MI!
    I absolutely hate this. Id really like to chat with the people who come up with things like this.

I also have troubles sometimes when someone calls me while I'm talking to someone else. It will often not let me answer. I slide the answer slider thing, but nothing happens. I had an important call coming in, and couldn't do a thing, phone was frozen.

6. jflexe99

jflexe99 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Photographer
    PA
    I end the call then press home or back, usually is fast.