• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help slow HTC

I have problems, not so much with slow operation as soft resets. BUT I appreciate that I have a lot of apps loaded on the SD card and the processor could well be having difficulties re-reading the card. (I am guessing at that explanation). It's irritating but I can live with it. Otherwise the phone works fine with the Android 2.3.3 update

Upvote 0
After looking at another forum, I decided to follow advice and install Go Launcher Ex.

It's not as appealing as HTC Sense as a launcher but it does seem to be stable and I'm no longer getting that "soft reset" ( a white screen followed by the green HTC logo and a slow reboot) when I quit some apps. :)

So that might be worth looking at if users are finding their HTCs are not running as smoothly under Android 2.3.3

Upvote 0
After looking at another forum, I decided to follow advice and install Go Launcher Ex.

It's not as appealing as HTC Sense as a launcher but it does seem to be stable and I'm no longer getting that "soft reset" ( a white screen followed by the green HTC logo and a slow reboot) when I quit some apps. :)

So that might be worth looking at if users are finding their HTCs are not running as smoothly under Android 2.3.3

I've got the same problem. I even got it with HTC Hero before so its deffo something to do with HTC sense. I emailed HTC about it and they said that I had to book it in for repair to see what's wrong with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones