• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Slow Kindle Fire HD 8

James Rocks

Lurker
Nov 12, 2018
Hi,

I have a Kindle Fire HD 8" (5th Generation) which I tried to downgrade so I could then upgrade to ordinary Android. I'm told it's a good thing I didn't succeed as I would have "bricked" it (something to do with the hardware or version of Fire OS I guess). I have since made it look (a bit) like and Android by installing the Google Play Store and so on.

The reason I wanted to rebuild it as standard Android is that it was so slow and maybe it's just the way Kindle Fires of that generation are but I think it's more likely that it's because at some point in the past I jailbroke it or something and it's never quite been the same since. Resetting the machine does nothing, nor does updating the OS ... assuming it is something more intrinsic (lower level) than such things is there anything I can do to reverse whatever I have done to it?

Thx

James

Reactions: zulfadhliaziq

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones