1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Slow Kindle Fire HD 8

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by James Rocks, Nov 14, 2018.

1. James Rocks

James Rocks Lurker

Hi,

I have a Kindle Fire HD 8" (5th Generation) which I tried to downgrade so I could then upgrade to ordinary Android. I'm told it's a good thing I didn't succeed as I would have "bricked" it (something to do with the hardware or version of Fire OS I guess). I have since made it look (a bit) like and Android by installing the Google Play Store and so on.

The reason I wanted to rebuild it as standard Android is that it was so slow and maybe it's just the way Kindle Fires of that generation are but I think it's more likely that it's because at some point in the past I jailbroke it or something and it's never quite been the same since. Resetting the machine does nothing, nor does updating the OS ... assuming it is something more intrinsic (lower level) than such things is there anything I can do to reverse whatever I have done to it?

Thx

James

zulfadhliaziq likes this.
  2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

tube517, James Rocks and Deleted User like this.
  3. James Rocks

James Rocks Lurker

Amazon Kindle Fire HD Forum

The Amazon Kindle Fire HD release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 7.0" inch screen, 1.3MP camera, 1GB RAM, and TI OMAP 4460 processor.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews