• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Slow loading Droid X

Hey guys, I'm kind of new to the forums, but I do know a bit about Android. Anyways, I've had my DX for a few weeks now and i find that it's become quite slow. I've searched the forums and all over to find a solution. So far, no luck. I don't have much on my phone except for about 50 pictures at the most and about 1.5gb of music. I've tried deleting stuff, closing apps that aren't automatically started (i.e. Voice Commands). That works for a little while, but the slowest thing on my phone really is text messaging. Whenever i open a message, it takes about 30 seconds for the conversation to open up. This didn't happen when i first bought the phone or even on my D1. I'm getting really fed up with this. I don't have many apps, The only big widget I have is Weather and Toggle Widget. Please, somebody give me some advice.
Thanks ahead of time,
-Nick.

Yeah i used Launcher pro and Adw launcher (one after another) and both of them really made my phone slow, now I'm back to the normal launcher and it's still really slow. It's really making me mad. I booted into recovery, deleted cache, deleted cache on my apps, uninstalled more apps, now I'm down to 20 seconds to load a message along with a very hot battery. Woohoo. I'm thinking about a hard reset.

- I also just performed a quadrant benchmark. I got 831. I think something is wrong with my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones