• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

slow loading homescreen

nieltab

Android Enthusiast
Dec 18, 2011
Hi all

Since a week ago it takes 5 seconds or more to load the homescreen. Then it first is just the background, then icons start te appear and after that the weather and clock widget appear (standard widgets). This happens in 50% of the times I got to the homescreen.

That really annoying, what could cause this? The last apps I installed are widgetlocker, simiclock widget and temple run 2.

I could try deleting widgetlocker, but then Ill lose my lockscreen I created after hours of searching :eek:

I have a not rooted samsung galaxy s advance (running gingerbread for a couple more weeks).

Thnx

On my old device, HTC Incredible, widget locker hunkered down my device so it was very slow when the screen became unlocked. I noticed this, and uninstalled it because it drained battery and such.

I haven't used it for a long time, but you could try uninstalling it. Otherwise if you have a device with low RAM you might just have too many things going on at once for your device to run smoothly.

Upvote 0
I deactivated it. Lets see if it still lags.

Edit: and indeed, it doesnt lag anymore. Really stupid, because I love widgetlocker... maybe it will work when my phone is going to jelly bean on the 18th of february. Ill just have to do it without widgetlocker for 2 weeks :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones