• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Slow loading on the internet

BigCryBaby

Lurker
Aug 15, 2014
Hi everyone! I am a new member. My ZTE Valet is extraordinarily slow loading pages on the internet. I have added air cards, maybe 3 since I bought it and I have 1546 Mb of data from lack of use, just to give you an idea. I was able to work around the fact that the internet would not even work outside the house. Any ideas how I can speed up the load times on the internet. The phone seems like it has some of the same attributes as other Androids, so I am confused and aggravated on this. Thanks for any help.
Matt

Using Wi-Fi mine takes about 20 secs to open Google. Once open pages load in less than 5 secs.
This is a low end device so you can't expect it to behave like an Iphone (although I've never used an Iphone).
I think it works well for basic stuff like syncing my Google calendar and to see what email is waiting although I generally don't open email on the device.

Upvote 0
Matt, you are NOT alone...browser performance is terrible for everyone. Even on my 40Mbs wifi connection, pages often fail to load in Google Chrome. The stock browser is only a bit faster. I know some have tried Opera and some other lite-weight options but I'm not sure anyone has found a satisfactory solution.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones