1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Slow phone calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wigginst, Apr 18, 2012.

1. wigginst

wigginst Android Expert

On miui reportaled and have an issue that also came up on cm7 so thought I would do a new thread. At work I am in buildings that get 0 signal so I am on wifi and airplane mode all day using groove ip and Google voice for calls etc. all works fine until I leave and turn phone back to 3g and regular signal. At that point the phone gets really slow. I had a phone call today start dialing 10 minutes after I pushed the buttons to make the call. Emails started coming through. Had with switched to using voxer for the conversation when suddenly the phone dialed. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

scgdavis likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scgdavis

scgdavis Lurker

I had the same problem with that rom... I just went to another one.

3. thekingmarco

thekingmarco Newbie

I Have that same problem i have contacted Virgin Mobile and they just said they are going to send me a new phone and its happening to everyone i know and they are on stock not even rooted. Hope they fix this issue.

4. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert

It could be just a network issue, but it also in my opinion sounds like it may be something(what I'm not to sure) hanging the data when ur switching back from the wifi to the 3g

You can try, once you turn it back to 3g, turning the phone off then back on, that should establish a fresh connection to the network, although doing this should not be needed

If powering off and on fixes it I'd just do that, if not I'd make a call to vm

5. wigginst

wigginst Android Expert

On the B rom today in the exact same spot and sequence no issues at all with calling or data after switching back.

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews