1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Slow response in dialer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by exninja, Dec 10, 2013.

1. exninja

exninja Android Enthusiast

Does anyone notice that their dialer has become extremely slow? I usually call people that are in my recent call log, and when I click on the entry it takes an insanely long time to actually dial, eg 10-15 seconds. Before I realized that it was lagging I would accidentally call people two times because i thought i might not have pressed it. I'm wondering what possible solutions might be? I can see Factory data reset, but that's a last resort. I don't notice a big lag elsewhere, just the usual slowness of the phone on ICS. I've usually got about 180MB of RAM available at any given time, and 200-400MB of ROM space depending on if I let it compile. Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Have you moved far enough that you'd be using a different telco central office and cell tower - like the next area code over? It could be a problem not in the phone.

3. exninja

exninja Android Enthusiast

That's a good point...I move between cell towers all the time. If that's the reason, it's not very acceptable because it's, well, a MOBILE phone.

Not too big of a deal. New phone and new carrier are happening by the end of the month.

HTC EVO Design Forum

The HTC EVO Design release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews