1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

slow response

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by old_codger, Jul 3, 2013.

1. old_codger

old_codger Well-Known Member

Hope this is the proper forum.
    In the last 2 months my Rugby has slowed down a LOT. Apps can take 1-2 minutes to open. Text seems 2 seconds behind typing.
    But not always. This slowness seems particularly bad right after starting the phone - even fully charged. Less so after it has been open a few minutes. A minority of the time it runs much closer to 'normal.' Checked available memory. Usually between 13-18%. Tried Memory Booster app and, a few times, it got me 25-27% but recently gains me 3-4% - sometimes none.
    Tried Account Settings and apps that have sync capability (e.g., Dropbox) show 'disabled.' Email syncs every hour. Tried killing unnecessary apps. Didn't help. Uninstalled Lookout. No help. Can't find an app that tracks and displays memory use over time so I have no idea which app(s) may be the culprit. Any ideas/suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

3. old_codger

old_codger Well-Known Member

No idea. How can I tell? Model SGH-1547

4. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

iowabowtech and Unforgiven like this.
  5. acoolphone

acoolphone Newbie

My Rugby Pro also seems to slow down so at least every couple days reboot it and that helps a lot

6. kemonine96

kemonine96 Member

Can you guys install OS Monitor from the market and set it up to run in the notifications area? (There is a checkbox under settings).

I've seen similar results on all 3 of mine at times. OS Monitor will give some good information on CPU usage, memory usage and the like whenever the device starts to slow down. If you can keep an eye on things and report back with any CPU Spikes/Low Memory situations it would help.

7. acoolphone

acoolphone Newbie

Will give it a try kem

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

What version of Android are you running? I have v4.1.2 Jelly Bean installed and no issues here.

I would guess it's an app causing the problem though. Have you tried a factory reset to wipe it and then start installing your apps again one at a time to see if one of them is causing the issue?

kemonine96 likes this.
  9. Mine was slow after the JL update sometimes, and it was killing SD card. Went back to telus, they sent it to repaire, they reflashed the rom, and change a piece of hardware (From what they told me) and now the phone works lieka charm!

Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro release date was October 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1850mAh battery.

October 2012
Release Date
Reviews