• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Slow screen response on Razr Maxx

Mike20878

Jul 9, 2010
I recently did a FDR but I am once again having delayed screen responses. I try to scroll through a twitter feed or a website and I either get a system error that the app isn't responding and do I want to wait, report or close or in Chrome it frequently thinks I'm trying to select text and goes into select mode.

Is it a memory issue?

Thanks.

I am having the same issue. I keep getting this message about Facebook. I have refresh intervals turned to never, I've cleared cache, clear data, rebooted & it keeps happening. I'm having major lag, & other apps like contact keep randomly giving me that message. It's driving me insane!

Upvote 0
Did you try putting it in safe mode, had same issues, lots of lag, goog search very slow and at times not responding, slow loading web pages.. put in safe mode and unbelievable, as fast as first day I got it, goog search came right up, web page right up, everything loaded quickly. Finally after clearing cache, FDR which neither helped as I was reloading the same prob 3rd party app or widget, so did the safe mode to see the issue for me was not the phone, issue finding which app. The biggest problem for me so far was handscent, uninstalling it helped a lot, still going thru other apps as I have quite a few. Trying go SMS now which is posing no problems... Give safe mode a try to see if phone performance greatly improves like my maxx.

BTW... got the new nexus 7 tablet, wow amazing screen and speed, hardly using my maxx now except for calls, mail, texts, navigation and occassional searches... Hope my next phone is this slick, maybe new nexus 5 in Nov.

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones