1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Slow screen rotation

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by maguzman, Sep 30, 2014.

1. maguzman

maguzman Lurker

Hello everyone! I just bought the S5 a couple of months ago. Everything had been going fine until yesterday. I rotated the screen and it took a good five or six seconds for it to rotate and I even had to shake it a bit to actually get it to turn. I opened up the developer options, reduced the animation scale and did what I could find. I restarted phone and everything went really well. Today, I was trying to type a message and it did the same thing!!!!

Is there anything I can do aside from reducing the animation scale to '? Anyone else experience this after doing that?

Help!!! I am not that knowledgeable so if you can, please be clear as to what I need to do. Thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. oleb84

oleb84 Android Enthusiast

It will something to do with your auto settings.

I had the same thing with my S4. I think it's the "smart stay" function. Make sure that is switched off and try again. It worked for me. But I am working from memory so it may not be that exact one. If it's not then try them all one at a time but I'm confident it's one of them.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews