1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Slow speed to my pc

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Khris07, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Khris07

Khris07 Lurker

I'm checking solution for my issue here. My phone speed is about 80mbps but PdaNet+ only shares like 20mbps or less to my pc. I tried some solutions but not much of a difference. Is there any particular solution to this problem? My data plan is unlimited without limit restriction.

Advertisement

2. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Can you use your phone as a Wi-Fi Hotspot?

If so, buy an USB Wlan adapter for your PC, this way you will get the max out of your hardware capacity.

3. Khris07

Khris07 Lurker

Maybe the USB Wlan can help. I will try it then i will tell you if it worked. Thanks for the advice.

4. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Of course it works because it's an industry standard. You will transit from a temporary USB solution to the real wireless technology.

5. Khris07

Khris07 Lurker

Didn't work. Same speed as usual. My phone skyrockets to 80mbps but my laptop only receive 20 of it. The WLAN didn't change anything.

6. lvt

lvt Android Expert

What Wlan adapter do you have?

7. Khris07

Khris07 Lurker

It did not work because my wireless hotspot is literally going on 300kbps. So that is useless. I'm using USB tethering. I ordered a QC 3.0 USB but i have to wait for it to get home. About the Wlan, i don't have it in my hand at this moment. I'm not at home.

Is there a chance that any setting on my pc is devouring the speed and, also, slowpoking it?

8. lvt

lvt Android Expert

I'm wondering, is the 80mbps you mentioned the actual speed of your phone or it's an estimation that your carrier told the clients?

9. Khris07

Khris07 Lurker

It is an actual speed. I can download insanely fast. Tested on speedtest and also downloading (10MB/s on the converted to byte speed). Sometimes it is higher, other few it is lower. While tethering the speed get stuck on 20mbps.

10. ramencoder

ramencoder Lurker

Hi! You can try this app. It can reach up to 200Mbps+ on some device.

PdaNet+ (Download)