1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Slow speeds on 4G and 3G?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wildkitten, Aug 22, 2012.

1. wildkitten

wildkitten Android Enthusiast

The last couple of days I have noticed some very sluggish speeds on both 4G and even 3G. I ran a speedtest a little bit ago and got about 766ms ping, about 4Mb/s down and 2.5Mb/s up. A 3G test showed around 300ms ping and about .5Mb/s up and down. I did the standard power/volume up/volume down and then a real battery pull, and still slow. It's not constantly horrible, sometimes the ping is around 70-80ms but the speeds have not gone over 8Mb/s.

Verizon of course is no help, they say there is nothing going on. Personally, I don't think this is a phone issue but rather a network issue. Could I be wrong and something is wrong with my Bionic (wifi is fine)? I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this, or if it likely local to my area.

2. Bruce53

Bruce53 Newbie

I fight this issue week with my mifi, which is what i use for my home internet, i think its a way for verizon to throttle you or your tower may be extremely crowded.

Im 7 miles from a tower and even on my bionic on 3G i will get about .50Mbps down and .40Mbps up. I was close to a 4G tower a week ago and i ran a speedtest and my bionic kicked out 32Mbps down and 20Mbps up.

But i have noticed that certain times of the day it will be slower than other times due to traffic on the tower.

3. wildkitten

wildkitten Android Enthusiast

I realize that some times will be slower than others due to traffic, but this was close to midnight. As far as throttling, they better not throttle me when I pay for 4GB of data and never once gone over. In fact, never gone over 2GB and am at 800MB for this month.

4. kingnut

kingnut Well-Known Member

My 4G has been slow as shit.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews