1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

slow speeds on cricket LTE?

Discussion in 'Cricket' started by Joshuah22a, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Joshuah22a

Joshuah22a Android Enthusiast

Ok just a general question my good friend brung his Nokia lumina 920 to cricket and he's getting horrible speeds on LTE it usually averages around 1mb I thought it would be way faster then that since it runs off of atts tower right? I get 30 mb down on tmob lte average but he doesn't get anything faster then 2mb and he pays for unlimited service..is their something he can do? His phone always has full strength as well.. and customer service is no help at all..

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Since speeds are different in every city, do you know what other AT&T/Cricket users in his city experience? That could be normal for his area.

Cricket does throttle LTE to 8Mbps though.

3. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

As Kate mentioned, depends on location, but he can also call Cricket and have them refresh the network in his device. Has he also tried a reboot ??

Speeds vary depending on carrier, he needs to compare with an AT&T or Cricket device and also a phone similar, some phones are better then other also.

Post the location that he tested his device and lets see if anyone else from this forum can respond and help out. ;)

FWIW, I have no issues with Cricket in S Fl.

4. dstephe9

dstephe9 Well-Known Member

You don't even have to call.. Just chat.. I had this issue and I chatted and they reset me..

Cricket does have a network issue going on right now, finally confirmed to me by home office..

Network refresh does fix it though..

Just chat from the phone and ask them to "Troubleshoot" and they will tell you to turn your phone off for 5 mins..