• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Slow to awake?

I've noticed the RAM use shown under "Running Services" is nearly always maxed out. I have done a factory reset and run the phone with no apps installed and still get crazy memory use. I also noticed that a lot of times hitting home will take me back to a blank screen and then I have to wait for the phone to redraw/reload the icons.....VERY annoying!

Upvote 0
I've noticed the RAM use shown under "Running Services" is nearly always maxed out. I have done a factory reset and run the phone with no apps installed and still get crazy memory use. I also noticed that a lot of times hitting home will take me back to a blank screen and then I have to wait for the phone to redraw/reload the icons.....VERY annoying!

blur or 3rd party launcher?

Upvote 0
I have had this phone since Friday morning. It has not been that great. Every single app on my DX opens faster than the DX2. The live wallpapers are horrible and don't fit right.
(The screen is great in the sunlight and is superior.)
If you pinch and zoom in the gallery it is choppy and slow. Music will not play on any player installed without some "lag" for a split second somewhere in the song. I don't understand, the quadrant scores are 2600+ and it zips through but in the real world it sucks???? Not enough ram? Bad phone?
Thoughts anyone? Ships with a small 8 gig sd card too.

Upvote 0
I have had this phone since Friday morning. It has not been that great. Every single app on my DX opens faster than the DX2. The live wallpapers are horrible and don't fit right.
If you pinch and zoom in the gallery it is choppy and slow. Music will not play on any player installed without some "lag" for a split second somewhere in the song. I don't understand, the quadrant scores are 2600+ and it zips through but in the real world it sucks???? Not enough ram? Bad phone?

I haven't experienced slow app opening speeds, except on the gallery. It seems the gallery is slow to open at first, but is instant for consecutive openings. The rest of my apps seem to open just as fast as my OC'ed dx1 when I compare them side by side.

I also see the gallery issues that you see in regards to zooming, but by the looks of it, the gallery app is a bit different between the dx1 and dx2.

I haven't tried to play any music, so I can't comment on that yet.

Upvote 0
blur or 3rd party launcher?

All of the above. I ran Blur with no additional apps installed. Then tried Launcher Pro, ADW, and GO. Still see the same things. I'm just wondering when you guys look under Applications-->Running Services, if you see mostly red. Mine consistently says about 189 to 200 in use on the left side of the screen and on the right usually shows like 15MB + 20 MB. The numbers alone wouldn't bother me, but the constant redrawing of the screen makes me think somethings not right. I'm just wondering if it sounds like something wrong with my phone or some Tegra 2 quirk I don't know how to deal with :eek:

Upvote 0

OK, this sounds exactly like what I'm experiencing. The screen redraws and the pauses/skips in music combined with the scary amounts of ram that show in use all the time make me wonder.... My original DX was a workhorse that breezed along no matter what I threw at it and was hoping this would be even better.

Upvote 0
All of the above. I ran Blur with no additional apps installed. Then tried Launcher Pro, ADW, and GO. Still see the same things. I'm just wondering when you guys look under Applications-->Running Services, if you see mostly red. Mine consistently says about 189 to 200 in use on the left side of the screen and on the right usually shows like 15MB + 20 MB. The numbers alone wouldn't bother me, but the constant redrawing of the screen makes me think somethings not right. I'm just wondering if it sounds like something wrong with my phone or some Tegra 2 quirk I don't know how to deal with :eek:

Mine is halfway red. Hovers around 170-180mb, too. I don't see the constant redraws, though. I used blur all day yesterday and then moved on to Launcher Pro today. I didn't experience any home screens going blank.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones