1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Slow Typing Speed...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AshtonDurkhun, Jan 5, 2012.

1. AshtonDurkhun

AshtonDurkhun Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 5, 2012
    GA, USA
    I've had some issues with the speed when typing on the Transformer with Keyboard - namely the screen stays about 1 word behind while I'm typing and the cursor is never in the right place (looks like it's around 5-10 spaces ahead of itself) This was most noticeable in DolphinHD but even in the simple "text editor" app the TF cant keep up... Is there a way to improve this? (Keep in mind the "on screen" keyboard seems to work fine, but I type so slow on it I cant be sure)

Currently running PRIME ROM.

Advertisement

2. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Jacksonville, Fl
    For the slowness issue, try turning off things like word prediction and spell check. That seems to make it keep up better.

I've also noticed sometimes that the cursor is way off from where the next letter actually appears, not sure what the fix for that is with the stock keyboard. It seems to be better with the Thumbs Keyboard.

3. AshtonDurkhun

AshtonDurkhun Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 5, 2012
    GA, USA
    Can I set it to only use word prediction when the dock is dissconnected? it saves me a lot of time when typing on-screen but I never use it when typing on the keyboard because by the time it pops up I've already finished typing the word

4. turbohobbit

turbohobbit Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 2, 2010
    England
    I get this too, largely when I'm typing using my dock. I think it started happing soon after the last update...?

5. turbohobbit

turbohobbit Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 2, 2010
    England
    Just thinking, do you have a "live" wallpaper running or a straight picture? I had a live paper running but swapped it for a photo and it seems to have made a bit of a difference. Not completely resolved the problem, but a bit. I guess it's to do with CPU useage / govenance. Anyway, hope this helps.