• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I've got this problem. I'll type out a text fast and then have to wait a minute while the letters I've typed crawl across my screen agnonizingly slowly. I think it's at least partly related to the amount of texts I have stored currently. I wouldnt be surprised if having received photos kept in messaging affects it too.

I also tried a task killer to little effect. I don't run many widgets, only have calender up at the moment. I do have AVG anti virus running on my phone but the problem pre-dates its installation.

I get the impression Android suffers from the same malady every version of MS Windows has. The longer you have it installed the more bloated and less efficient it gets. It's more of a problem on a phone though, I can't just upgrade my RAM or processor like on my PC!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones