• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Slowed down massively after root...

I recently rooted my G1 as i had been reading everywhere that by rooting you can overclock the processor etc. I have installed "OverClock Widget" and "SetCPU" (both seperately) and now i have found that the device slows down quite alot compared to unrooted, especially notice it when going back to the homescreens. I have the latest version of Cyanogenmod installed, i read that it has overclocking built in, is this true? If so where does one change the settings? It also now takes a few seconds for the icons on the homescreen to load after pressing the Home button. FYI, i have next 4 apps installed so i doubt that's what's slowing it down.

Many Thanks

I don't know much about cyanogen: but if it already has overclocking you definitely shouldn't install another overclock app so that might be the problem.
are you using any on it right now?
I'd say to uninstall them and restart your phone

edit: what did you type into the overclock apps? perhaps you put in a value too low (potentially underclocking it)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones