1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support slowiness/lagg

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jore, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Jore

Jore Android Enthusiast

Feb 9, 2011
    California
    Does anyone experience slowiness or lagg when using the phone. I experience lagg from unlocking the phone to switching home screens to opening apps to answering calls. Sometimes it takes seconds just for it to react.

Is it because i probably have too many apps? I currently have 141mb internal memory available. I used to run JuiceDefender but took that off today, thinking that might be the issue. Everytime this has done this to the point of annoyance, I've had to clear the phone and start from scratch....but hate doing that. Sprint says I have a virus and all they end up doing is clearing my phone so I stopped going there and doing it myself. After the clearing it runs smooth then after a month or so it starts happening again.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    Do you use a cache cleaner? Sometimes clearing cache can help. Also clearing data in certain applications will help. I know my wife has an unrooted Evo and for some reason Facebook can begin to store up to 30mb data. I just clear data and then sign her back in.

Also clearing all call logs and unwanted text messages once a week can also help.

I doubt you have a virus on your phone but I use Premium Lookout Mobile security and it is a good safety net for viruses

Tags: