• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Slowww Hero?? Help for Newbie.

nstewart001

Lurker
Aug 11, 2010
I just got the HTC Hero for Sprint 3 days ago, and this is the first android phone i've had. I really like it but it is incredibly slow.. is there anything you can do to speed it up a bit? Like text messaging? It takes a long time for my threads to load so I can respond to a text.

Thanks a million :)

I just got the HTC Hero for Sprint 3 days ago, and this is the first android phone i've had. I really like it but it is incredibly slow.. is there anything you can do to speed it up a bit? Like text messaging? It takes a long time for my threads to load so I can respond to a text.

Welcome to Android Forums!! :D
I'll move this to the sprint hero forum for you where you can get the help you're looking for.

Upvote 0

Check out those sticky threads at the top. That would be a good start.

Upvote 0

My personal opinion, take it back while you still can! You can go back and forth on these forums trying to fix your new phone, rooting, trying peoples suggestions, etc. But why? You bought a new phone and one would expect it to work reasonably out of the box. Sprint, IMO, hasn't really provided inadequate support and now has put the Hero on the back burner....and things might get worst after your really start to integrate the phone into your life. It sure did for me.

Take it back!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones