• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
what is the standard quadrant? when i run the quadrant, mine got 2201. does this mean my fone is lag fix already? though i noticed a speed on my fone. but im wondering y i cannot install my onecliklag due to space.

I am trying to run Quadrant Standard to see how fast my phone is before I try to root and lag fix, but it keeps coming up with "Service Call Failed" and can't get a score. I have tried restarting and reinstalling with no luck. I am connected to Wifi when sending scores.

Anyone else getting this, any suggested solutions? Thanks

Upvote 0
Ok so here's what I did.

I went to the XDA forums.

I downloaded and installed the z4root and OCLF .apk files.

I followed the instructions and ran the z4root.

It first it was stuck on that "exploit" whatever. I rebooted the phone and restarted the app. Worked like a charm this time around.

Then, once the phone was rooted I installed the OCLF file. Here's where I need help. After opening the app, there were many options available. I clicked on the available ones and installed the EXT2 tools. Where do I go from there?

Right now everything is done and I know I have successfully rooted the phone because I have the SuperUser icon available in the apps.

BUT, I ran Quadrant. My score is 874 :( I didn't do something right with the lagfix, did I?

Can someone please help me out?

Upvote 0
I wanna give a huge thank you to Beards and Cleanermonkey.

Your posts really really helped me.

Ok so here's what happened:

1. Went to the XDA forums and looked at the z4root and OCLF threads. They can be found here: z4root and here: OCLF
  2. z4root - The instructions are very clear. Download the file. It runs as an app. Start the app. First you'll have to install it. Then you will have to proceed to run it. You will have to enable debugging of your USB thingy (I forget the technical lingo but the program prompts this). Then the app roots your phone. It restarts. Thats it. With me, the phone kinda froze during the "exploiting" process. I just restarted it. Ran the whole program again. Worked like a charm. Phone was rebooted and I could see the "Superuser" app in the App list.
  3. OCLF - I downloaded the .apk file. I ran it. Remember: you need plenty of battery power. Ok so I ran the app. As per the instructions I installed the EXT2 Tools. After this, I applied the OneClickLagFix v2.2+. I selected 1011 MB because it seemed to be a decent middle ground. The file executed and it restarted my phone again.

At first my Quadrant Score was 874.
Right now it is 2256.

Phone is very smooth.

I know my technical jargon is probably terrible so I apologize for that.

Thank you very much for helping me out, guys. Much appreciated!!!

Reactions: cleanermonkey
Upvote 0
what is the standard quadrant? when i run the quadrant, mine got 2201. does this mean my fone is lag fix already? though i noticed a speed on my fone. but im wondering y i cannot install my onecliklag due to space.

If you are getting a quadrant score of 2201 then the lag fix has been applied.
A standard Galaxy S will score less than half that.

Reactions: softpinkishlips
Upvote 0
i ran my quadrant again and im down to 997. why is thAT? has it someting to do w/ my apps installed?
I wouldn't take the Quadrant score that literal.
What happens when you run it say a further 3 times, each on different occasions?

If however your phone starts to show signs of slowing down again, simply re-lagfix the phone.

Reactions: softpinkishlips
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones