• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sluggish After Update / Not getting game notifications?

Rayfb316

Lurker
Feb 9, 2013
Hello. After the Ice Cream Sandwich update my Thunderbolt feels sluggish. It seems to take a few seconds to flip pages, open apps, run apps, turn on/off, pretty much everything like it's struggling to run the software? Is anyone else experiencing this or know any fixes?

Also my games like Words With Friends, Draw Something, etc don't show up in the notification bar when others play their turns. I uninstalled the games and reinstalled them, so hopefully that works.

Just wanted to see if anyone else was having these same problems or anything else?

After several days of re-installing programs, rebooting, battery pulls, etc., I decided to do a hard factory reset. The speed is alot better now although I'm sure a new phone would be snappier. Amazon app store is still a slug - having trouble reinstalling programs. Hated having to do it but it seems to have helped. Also noticed that some of the programs looked slightly different after reinstall maybe due to it knowing that ICS was on board now?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones