1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support sluggish response

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chis51hd, Sep 29, 2012.

1. chis51hd

chis51hd Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Male
    Davao City, Philippines
    Hi. I'm getting quite irritated with my Galaxy W being sluggish sometimes. For example, when pressing the home key from an application, it takes a long time for the home screen and icons/widgets to appear. Still running stock ROM, here are the storage stats:

system storage: 415MB/1.07GB
    usb storage: 490MB/1.70GB
    sd card: 4.38GB/7.20GB

I've already transferred most apps to SD card, and I don't think my device memory is that full. Maybe you can suggest something to improve my device's performance. Thanks in advance! :)

Advertisement

2. queeni

queeni Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Denmark
    It helps sometimes to turn off the phone and take out the battery and wait 2-3 minutes

Mine:
    system storage:851 MB/1.07GB
    usb storage: 1,21 GB/1.70GB
    sd card:3,54 GB/3,69GB

chis51hd likes this.
  3. chis51hd

chis51hd Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Male
    Davao City, Philippines
    Thanks for the reply. That's what I do, I just turn it off the on; I don't remove the battery though. Is it perhaps too many apps running in the background? Or is it a hardware issue?

4. queeni

queeni Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Denmark
    I am no expert, but we will give our phones so much information that it will be completely 'tired' : -) so often, it would help to give it a breath of fresh air, turn the power off and take the battery out for a few minutes.

Sorry my bad english. :-(

5. RobboW

RobboW Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Might also be aggressive power saving mode adjustments. I tend to turn them mostly off and recharge once a day, it's easier to recharge than live with a sluggish phone.

If there are a lot of apps it will bog down easier too. I tend to regularly assess apps for ones I don't use then uninstall. Keep it running less resource heavy. No large memory footprint games etc. I also sripped out a lot of bloatware that came in it from Samsung (rooted phone). Widgets bog it down, especially if they are live, also live wallpaper.
    I think one problem for me is too many email accounts.