1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support sluggish screen unlock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by twraia, Nov 23, 2011.

1. twraia

twraia Newbie
    None

Nov 15, 2011
    Australia
    Hi guys, been using my new galaxy note for two days or so, I noticed a problem with unlocking screen.
    I am using the default screen unlock, for some reasons it has been pretty sluggish.
    Sometimes the lock screen takes about a second to appear after I hit either the home key or the power key.
    Strangely sometimes it works slightly better.
    Has anyone also encounter this problem?
    Thanks

Advertisement

2. John566

John566 Newbie
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    I've noticed the same thing. Sometimes it's pretty fast and other times it takes almost 2 full seconds.

3. adidoc

adidoc Lurker
    None

Nov 26, 2011
    Hi, I bought note just five days back. Fwe issues with software have started coming up. Please share your views and solutions.

Current issues:

There is a feature of directly switching off and on Data network mode on long pressing the power button. But whenever I switch off data with this shortcut, it cannot be swiched on again - neither with this shortcut or via the routine settings path. The phone has to be rebooted inorder to use data again.

Second issue:
    The phonebooks keeps hanging again and again.It says android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly and force closes. This is persisting even after a complete factory reset.

Please comment and share.

4. Braxos

Braxos Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 30, 2011
    Germany
    Photo editor> Spen> if you have your pen as Right handed Config and you hold your phone normal You cant draw on the right sidem if you have your pen Left handed you cant Draw on the left side. Left side is 2-3mm and Right side 1-2mm even it isnt the right side paralel to the edge of the photo. Photo Editor in Samsung Galaxy Note - YouTube check the Line he draws at 4:32 and see it dosent go to the Edge of the Display.

5. theelo

theelo Newbie
    None

Nov 22, 2011
    Romania
    I'm sure it's normal for this phone. Mine's also takes about 2 secs to appear and it's not bothering me at all. We need just to get used to the delay. That's all.

Can't comment on this since I didn't use the feature yet. Anyways if others can replicate the error we have a software bug for sure. Are you on 2.3.6?

Are you talking about the "contacts" section? What do you mean by "phonebook"? Have you root it?