1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

SM-G920P Soft Brick Help!!

Discussion in 'Android Rooting' started by Colin Perry, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Colin Perry

Colin Perry Lurker
    None

Mar 17, 2016
    Male
    First off I have looked at other relevant threads for quite some time for help but can't seem to find exactly what I need. My computer runs Ubuntu Mate 1.10.2. Pretty much just regular Ubuntu. I have Heimdall Frontend latest version. I tried rooting my phone using Kingroot. After it finished my phone booted up but it gave the error "KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING Custom binary blocked by FRP Lock". I tried to factory reset my phone but to no avail. I have downloaded the stock firmware appropriate to my devices model from Sammobile. I even extracted the .tar.md5 file from it. The phone had been bricked for 4 days now and I need to get it fixed ASAP so I dont have to dish out $200 to Sprint to get a new one. Thanks for any help and by the way the phone is a Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920P (G920PVU3BOI1) and the lock screen is set and the OEM debugging is NOT turned on. USB debugging is not turned on either

Advertisement

#1 Colin Perry, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  2. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
    Can you get into download mode? From off,hold volume down+home+power till it boots then volume up to select continue. If so you should be able to flash the stock firmware with Heimdall.
    I have never used Ubuntu or Heimdall so would not know how to walk you through it. There is also JOdin for Linux.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2598203

scary alien likes this.
  3. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
  4. Colin Perry

Colin Perry Lurker
    None

Mar 17, 2016
    Male
    Sad to say this but my time ran up and my parents made me go pay the $200 insurance deductible to get a new phone. Needless to say I'm not happy about it, but it was kinda my fault anyways.

5. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Electrician
    Satsuma,Alabama
    I've been hearing about FRP lock a lot here lately, mostly with the Galaxy Core Prime. If you plan on trying to root next phone I would do a lot of research and try and stay away from Kingroot unless it is only option. Definitely need to get familiar with Heimdall and JOdin if you don't have access to Windows PC. Always have a plan and tools ready to return to stock if something goes wrong. Best of luck!

scary alien and KOLIO like this.
  6. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    I'm fairly certain OEM unlock option needs to be checked (In Developer Options,along with USB De-Bugging enabled) before doing anything.
    Also,any fingerprint recordings/PINS/Swipe patterns/etc..... should be removed prior to flashing/Rooting/ROMs.
    Best bet is to start with a factory reset of the device (though not absolutely necessary) & ensure the abovementioned items are taken care of before getting started.

scary alien and Jfalls63 like this.
  7. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Guest
    None
    FRP lock can be turned off via your Samsung Account